How to become a makeup artist

I remember my first client. She was hyperactive, excited and restless as she sat in my seat. She was so excited, in fact, that was difficult to keep her still while I did the makeup. But I loved every bit of it. At the time it was done, he rose, gave a sound looking in the mirror and turned to tell me I was the only best makeup artist in the world. My sister was no stranger to hyperbole, but I believed him. Although I was only seven years old and had no supplies of my own (! This meant having to hurry up and put everything in the drawers before Mom came to), I knew exactly what he wanted to be when I grew : makeup! 20 years later, the "growth" something that has not been exactly but ... but my passion for makeup artistry has taken me all over the world, and I love what I do!

I find that often many of us spend our lives trying to figure out what they're supposed to do. Seek, and search for us, and we, without realizing that the answer to that question can be traced in our memory. Everything you loved doing as a child, which were good then, is probably a good indication of what his natural passion. And mine happened to be the art of makeup.

Starting my career as a makeup artist was probably one of the most nerve racking and exciting of my life. I remember devouring every book I could get my hands on, will all make-up seminars are happening around them, and the shadow of a friend who was already a successful makeup artist - all to prepare for what would be of life. And the more experienced, the more I fell in love with the idea.

I attended a seminar of makeup that I learned about color theory, the set of communication skills with customers, and how to cancel the colors and accentuate the characteristics of customers ... things that were essential to know. As I had to go to school to get licensed as a makeup artist, I did not. But I devoured all the information I could, whenever and wherever I could. I went to networking events. I gave my services free of charge to make a photographer so I could take professional photos. I shadow makeup artists. I have practiced in all who said yes (nobody rejects a free distribution, hello). And I attended seminars and training events regularly. The crazy thing about attending hands on training events is that you walk away having learned so much that can be applied immediately.

Although I have been in the industry for many years, there's always more to know. I'll never know everything. But what skills I have learned and practiced have led me around the world, doing makeup for celebrity clients, film, print, and television productions. No two stocks are equal. My job allows me to be totally spontaneous, and I am constantly surrounded by wonderful people (clients of mine who later become my friends). I could not have picked a better race for me.

If you are considering becoming a makeup artist, or already are one, but want to get your hands on skills and techniques you need to become even better, I recommend going to a training seminar on the hands, as the event Hollywood Beaut. It's a great way to meet interesting people, are taught by industry experts, and expand its scope of art.

No comments: